Residents are key to delicious treats
Our residents recently enjoyed making a very tasty No Bake Eclair Cake.
Sylvia Suba was in charge of adding the milk. Residents took turns mixing everything together, and Janet Lengyel enjoyed eating the delicious dessert! We had a fun time in this Creative Cooking class. This was the perfect dessert to enjoy on a hot summer day!
No Bake Eclair Cake
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 16-ounce tub of Cool Whip
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and instant vanilla pudding until well combined. Set aside to thicken for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Once thickened, fold in the Cool Whip.
2. Place a single layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Add another single layer of graham crackers, then the remaining pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
3. Scoop the chocolate frosting into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 15-second increments until melted, stirring well between each cooking interval. Pour the frosting over top of the eclair cake.
4. Refrigerate the eclair cake for about 30 minutes until the chocolate frosting is set, then cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight, or 8 hours.
5. Serve chilled.